SOLO Event #1 :: 3/30/2014 - Neosho

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

SOLO Event #1 :: 3/30/2014 - Neosho

Post by SilverYota » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:55 pm

OMRSCCA SOLO Event #1
Sunday, Mar 30th, 2014
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Additional MotorsportReg instructions and details here. Please pre-register online to save time on the day of the event.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for this season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in STC, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration, if a number is not shown when it is time to choose, then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, WalMart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. Our friends at the Crowder College Trucking School usually grill lunch on-site at modest cost.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (WalMart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left onto National Guard Drive just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Site Map - click to view

Run / Work
Typically, half of the classes run in one heat, while other other half help work the event. Then we switch after lunch. Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up late to the event or late to your work assignment, you may not be allowed to participate.

If we have over 80 entrants, we will go to a three-heat format:
  • Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
  • Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
  • Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2
Crowder College has asked us to sign a waiver at every event in addition to the normal SCCA waiver. If you have access to a printer, please print and fill out a copy in advance so you don't have to stand around filling one out at the gate to the site.
http://www.omrscca.org/docs/CrowderColl ... elease.pdf

Don't hesitate to ask any questions here or via our Facebook page. See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm out for this one.

Doing the fly and drive thing for the Texas National Tour in College Station that weekend.

Caught a co-drive with last year's FS national champ.
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:17 am

Don't forget the Crowder-specific waiver. Print it out ahead of time and be all kinds of cool:
http://www.omrscca.org/docs/CrowderColl ... elease.pdf
Ironhead wrote:I'm out for this one.
I'll be there if we need someone to do course. We'll just need someone to get the trailer to Neosho.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 am

Matt, I took the liberty of tweaking the first post a little bit.

I updated the Crowder map to show National Guard Drive as the place to turn - the street between the windmill and vintage Guards tank - which used to be named Benton Drive. I also made the map show the "small" lot as no longer gravel.

xorpheous

Safety Steward Shadowing

Post by xorpheous » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:53 am

Greetings all! I just signed up for Event #1 and looking forward to joining the KC Caravan down to have fun with y'all this Sunday. At the MiDiv Convention, I attended Al Herman's Solo Safety Steward School and am looking to fulfill my shadowing requirements. Whom should I contact about the possibility of shadowing at this weekend's event?
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win." -- Coach Bob Knight

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:43 am

Justing Huffman "The Huff" is our SOLO director and just put on a SSS class also last month.

Because there might already be a list of persons wanting to do the same, it will probably depend on the # of participants we have to fill work positions. If we can help out we will and Justin would have more insight to how many have already asked to do this.
Last edited by SilverYota on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:06 am

If it helps with mentoring the SSS apprenticeships, I just got an updated membership card in the mail showing that I'm an endorsed SSS again.

xorpheous

Post by xorpheous » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:00 pm

SilverYota wrote:Justing Huffman "The Huff" is our SOLO director and just put on a SSS class also last month.

Because there might already be a list of persons wanting to do the same, it will probably depend on the # of participants we have to fill work positions. If we can help out we will and Justin would have more insight to how many have already asked to do this.
No worries either way. If the shadowing works out, then great. If it doesn't, I'll be happy to shag cones or do whatever else needs done.
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win." -- Coach Bob Knight

The Huff

Re: Safety Steward Shadowing

Post by The Huff » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:19 pm

xorpheous wrote:Greetings all! I just signed up for Event #1 and looking forward to joining the KC Caravan down to have fun with y'all this Sunday. At the MiDiv Convention, I attended Al Herman's Solo Safety Steward School and am looking to fulfill my shadowing requirements. Whom should I contact about the possibility of shadowing at this weekend's event?
Look forward to having you at our event! It's looking like we are going to have a lot of SSS's in training already. Maybe just chuck some cones this time:) If something comes up I'll let you know.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

flogger

Post by flogger » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:11 am

60 people preregistered. I figure probably 70-90 at the event. This is going to be a big season opening Solo for us. While OMR tends to run orderly, efficient events, my suggestion is to try to get there a little early as we may have some bugs to shake off and this is a few more people than typical for us. I also see lots of very capable drivers preregistered from OMR and neighboring regions. Good weather is forecast, so I predict a fun and fast day for all. See you there.
:)
Scott Woosley

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Okay, I will start this with a gigantic I'm SORRY, but we might upset a few as they come through registration tomorrow if you have a real strong feeling about what # you run. If you are a due paying member of the Ozark Mountian Region that is running the same # as last year you can stop reading now this shouldn't affect you.

Due to a mistake made by me, the number file was incorrect for the first events pre-registration and this is caused a few persons to have their # changed. If you go to the entry list for this event it will show the number that you have in the computer right now.

Again I apologize for the inconvience and hopefully it will help a few that weren't getting the #'s they wanted since more #'s were available than initially shown. I will make sure this is updated for future events.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

snaponbob

Post by snaponbob » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Well, fun day at Crowder followed by an abrupt end of life to one of my trailer tires at 75mph on I-49 !!!!!!!

Great day with fun people. Another well done event for the OMR crew. Thanks.
Bob Buxbaum
KC Region SCCA

snaponbob

Post by snaponbob » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Well, fun day at Crowder followed by an abrupt end of life to one of my trailer tires at 75mph on I-49 !!!!!!!

Bob Buxbaum
KC Region SCCA

snaponbob

Post by snaponbob » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Bob Buxbaum
KC Region SCCA

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Results have been posted.

Thanks to all that make these events run so smoothly, nearly 40 cars per heat and still done in ~2 hrs a heat with 6 runs. Hope to see all of those new faces out for the next event.
SpanOnBob wrote:Well, fun day at Crowder followed by an abrupt end of life to one of my trailer tires at 75mph on I-49 !!!!!!!

Hate to hear that, I hope it didn't cause much damage. On the bright side at least it wasn't 102 F like the last time it happened to me, hope the spare had air.

It was great to so many of the Kansas City and Tulsa members again, we hope to see some of you at the Divisional.
Last edited by SilverYota on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2