OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #3 :: 6/13

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #3 :: 6/13

Post by SilverYota » Sun May 16, 2010 7:58 pm

OMRSCCA Regional Solo2 Event #3
Sunday, June 13th, 2010
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

Ozark Mountain Region SCCA invites you to join us on 375,000 square feet of smooth, unobstructed asphalt at the Crowder College Truck Driving School in Neosho, Missouri. 8)

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Note: 2010 events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2010 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class).
Amenities
There are gas stations, Wal*Mart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. We anticipate making lunch available on-site.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (Wal*Mart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Site Map - click to view

Run / Work
We have had roughly 80 entrants at the previous events at Crowder. We are watching pre-registration to determine the number of heats. We expect a sizable turnout, so prepare in case of a three-heat format based on a first-come, first-served basis:

Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2

Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up at the last minute, your choice may be full. If you show up late, you will not be able to participate at all!

See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

FlatBlack

Post by FlatBlack » Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Already registered on MSR

:lol:
Mat #67
96 Nissan 240SX [SM]
05 Forester XT [SM]
02 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 5.3L [Tow Rig]

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:58 am

Just under a week left to sign up (registration closes @ 11:59 PM next Friday night). Everyone remember this is the first event that the new pricing structure goes into effect, so be sure to pre-register to get the discount.

Also, if you would like to save some time at the waiver station, go ahead and print off several of the Crowder College Waivers and put them in your glovebox. You can type in all of your name/address info so you won't have to hand write over and over, and then just sign and date the day of the event.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:57 am

Just in case anyone has missed the months of announcements online and in person at OMRSCCA events:

$20 - SCCA members pre-registered
$25 - SCCA members not pre-registered
$35 - All non-annual-member "SCCA weekend membership" entrants

Anyone can pre-register, and we strongly recommend it. It saves everyone time!
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:30 am

Bad news for me. I had pre-registered but I don't think I am going to make it. Well I'll make it, just not my car. After racing in another Autocross event a couple weeks back I was driving my car home and it dropped a cylinder. Took me a while to get time to look at it and it's one of my injectors that had gone bad. I'm trying to hunt down one before this weekend, but will see if I can.

At least I'll make it :) Just won't be running :(
Nah, Just a Nerd!

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:45 am

That's sucks. Maybe this guy has an injector.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/pts/1778593925.html

I have a few 259cc SR20DE injectors sitting around, but that's probably not enough flow.

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 am

Online pre-registration closes at 11:59 PM on Friday, but the entry list is still in the low 40s? :?

As announced over the past months, this time we will charge SCCA members $25, unless you pre-register and get the $5 discount.

If you need help getting signed up, don't hesitate to ask: post up here, send me a private message, or send me an e-mail via the OMR Region contacts page:

http://www.omrscca.org/index.php?option ... &Itemid=57

FlatBlack

Post by FlatBlack » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:03 pm

It's almost race day!!
Mat #67
96 Nissan 240SX [SM]
05 Forester XT [SM]
02 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 5.3L [Tow Rig]

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Thanks Jim, I'll contact him tomorrow and see if he has one. Yeah I need the 370cc injector that comes from a 96ish 300zx Turbo. Worse comes to worse I'll send it off to have it remaned or buy a remaned one off the net.
Nah, Just a Nerd!

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:35 am

Ah, I see quite a few signed up in the last 24 hours. Online registration closes TONIGHT at 11:59 PM.
JimR wrote:Just in case anyone has missed the months of announcements online and in person at OMRSCCA events:

$20 - SCCA members pre-registered
$25 - SCCA members not pre-registered
$35 - All non-annual-member "SCCA weekend membership" entrants

Anyone can pre-register, and we strongly recommend it. It saves everyone time!

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Summer will be in full effect tomorrow. Bring sunscreen and lots of fluids. We will have some bottled water, but I recommend you keep some of your own handy.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Results have been posted.

What else can I say, 68 entrants, 6 runs, and done in time for some fun runs. Thanks to all as always and especially Jason Mulkey and Natasha Longpine. They both did a great job of cleaning up the trailer and it was a very nasty after so many wet events.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:59 am

Excellent event.

I remember four or five years ago when we weren't unloading the trailer until 8:30 AM on Sunday and were lucky to get the driver's meeting done by 11:30 AM. Half the day would be spent on the lunch break and making the timing equipment work, and we'd struggle to offer 40-50 people four or five runs before sunset.

Compare to now. 68 entrants made six runs, plus half an hour of fun runs, and we still started and finished on time.

This is a volunteer run and organized sport. It happens because YOU make it happen.